Are you wondering how to use your Alexa device as a Bluetooth speaker without wifi? If yes, then you’re in the right place. The good news is that it’s possible to use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker without wifi. However, without a wifi connection, you won’t be able to use Alexa’s voice commands.
Along with having several smart features, you can use Alexa as a speaker without wifi. The overall process is simple: you need to pair Alexa with your smartphone over Bluetooth to enjoy music.
So, if you don’t have a wifi connection or you’re taking your Alexa device with you on vacation, then you may need to follow the steps given below to use Alexa as a speaker.
How to Use Alexa as a Bluetooth Speaker Without Wifi: Step-by-Step Guide
In this fast-paced world where everything is about connectivity, living without wifi or internet connection can be frustrating. This is especially true if you want to listen to music on your Alexa but don’t have an internet connection. However, you have nothing to worry about because using Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker is a relatively easy task. You need to follow some easy steps mentioned below to help you set up Alexa and pair it via Bluetooth.
Step 1: Set up Alexa on your Smartphone
Suppose you haven’t already set up your Alexa device on your phone. In that case, you may find the following steps helpful to link Alexa to your phone.
- Enable HotSpot: First, enable Hotspot on your smartphone. You can do that by going to the wifi & Network option on any Android phone. But, if you have an iPhone, you may need to go to Settings. From there, select Personal Hotspot.
- Plug into Power Source: Make sure that your Alexa device gets plugged into a power source.
- Install Amazon Alexa App: Install the Amazon Alexa app if you don’t already have it installed on your smartphone. Now, go to the Amazon Alexa Echo device app from your phone.
- Sign In to Alexa App: Sign in to your Amazon account from the Alexa app. Now open “More” on the device app and select the “Add Device” option.
- Find Your Device: As you select “Add Device,” you may see different options for Amazon smart devices. Click on Amazon Echo and then select the specific model of your Alexa device from the given options.
- Connect Your Device: When your Alexa gets connected to your phone, you may see an orange light blinking on the device. You will get a notification to access location services on your phone.
- Connect with WIFI: Now you need to open wifi on your phone and connect with it. You can call out “Alexa” to ensure your Echo device responds to your voice command.
Step 2: Pair Alexa via Bluetooth on Your Smartphone
Here are a few easy steps to help pair Alexa via Bluetooth on your phone.
- Open Bluetooth: First, go to the settings option on your smartphone. Now, select Bluetooth and switch it on.
- Connect Alexa with Bluetooth with Voice Command: Once the Bluetooth is open and working on your phone, give a voice command to Alexa saying, “Alexa pair with Bluetooth” or “Alexa connect Bluetooth.”
- Pair New Device: Now you have to select the “Pair new device” option from your phone. This will prompt your phone to scan for any new nearby devices.
- Connect Alexa Echo Device via Bluetooth: Once your phone finishes scanning new devices, select the Alexa Echo device from the list. Tap on the option, and your phone will make a connection via Bluetooth with Alexa.
Step 3: Use Alexa via Bluetooth on Your Smartphone Without Wifi
You can now turn off your Hotspot wifi after successfully pairing your phone with Alexa. As long as your Alexa connects to your phone via Bluetooth, it can play music.
Step 6: Connect your device to your computer
Now, you need to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device. If you’re using a Windows PC, you may need to install iTunes if you haven’t already. For Mac users, you can simply use Finder to access your device.
Step 7: Open iTunes or Finder
Once your device is connected to your computer, open iTunes or Finder, depending on your operating system. If you’re using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version installed. If you’re using Finder, you should be able to see your device listed on the left-hand side.
Step 8: Select your device
Click on your device in iTunes or Finder to access its settings.
Step 9: Click on “File Sharing”
In iTunes or Finder, click on the “File Sharing” option under your device’s settings.
Step 10: Select the Alexa app
Scroll down until you find the Alexa app in the list of apps that support file sharing. Click on the app to select it.
Step 11: Drag and drop your music files
With the Alexa app selected, you can now drag and drop your music files into the “Documents” section. You can add multiple files at once, or one at a time. Make sure that the files are in a compatible format, such as MP3 or AAC.
Step 12: Wait for the files to transfer
Once you’ve added your music files to the Alexa app, you may need to wait a few minutes for them to transfer to your device. This will depend on the size of the files and the speed of your internet connection.
Step 13: Disconnect your device
Once the files have finished transferring, you can safely disconnect your device from your computer.
Step 14: Open the Alexa app
Now, open the Alexa app on your device. You should see your music files listed under “My Music”.
Step 15: Play your music
Finally, you can now use Alexa to play your music files. Just say “Alexa, play [song name]” or “Alexa, play my music”. Your music should start playing through your device’s speaker.
Related Post: Upgrade Your Home Entertainment Game with the Nebula Capsule 3 Laser Portable Projector
transferring music to the Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad is a fairly simple process. With just a few steps, you can enjoy your favourite tunes on your Alexa device without having to use a third-party app or service. Just make sure that your music files are in a compatible format, and that you have a stable internet connection.
Yes, you can use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker without WiFi. However, you will need a Bluetooth-enabled device, such as a smartphone, to pair with Alexa.
No, Alexa’s voice commands require a WiFi connection to function properly. Without WiFi, you can still use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker, but you won’t be able to use voice commands.
To connect Alexa to Bluetooth without WiFi, you must first pair Alexa with your smartphone over Bluetooth. Then, you can stream music from your phone to Alexa.
Yes, you can use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker while travelling as long as you have a Bluetooth-enabled device, such as a smartphone, to pair with Alexa. You won’t need WiFi to use Alexa as a speaker.
Yes, you can use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker with an iPhone. You need to follow the same steps as you would with an Android phone to pair Alexa with your iPhone over Bluetooth.
Yes, you need to set up Alexa on your phone before using it as a Bluetooth speaker. This involves downloading the Amazon Alexa app and signing in to your Amazon account.
Yes, you can use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker for phone calls. When you pair Alexa with your phone over Bluetooth, you can use it to make and receive phone calls through Alexa.
To disconnect your phone from Alexa after using it as a Bluetooth speaker, simply turn off Bluetooth on your phone or move out of range from Alexa.
Leave a Reply